Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Yo amo la playa


Atacames at sunset, the beach where I spent my last weekend.

The ocean is a powerful thing, and I enjoyed myself immensely. For some more photos check out my newest web album at: http://picasaweb.google.com/rebeckyrose/FirstBeachVisit

Some of the highlights were:
-Going during the off-season, apparantly Atacames is overcrowded and dirty during the Nov-Feb peak.
-staying in the apartment of our resident director, as it only cost us 10 dollars each for two nights
-Ceviche! Fish cooked in lime/lemon juice, it is a staple of the coast and you can get everything from shrimp, mussels, crab, squid and octopus in this delicious soup-like dish.
-Cloudly, no rain, and being on the equator that means you still get a great tan.
-we got to see whales! They are huge!
-After many weeks of being here, I don't think I had the opportunity yet to get my muscles stretched out via swimming. This was a great chance to swim up and down the semi-calm waters, and also enjoy boogy-boarding

All in all, I am making it a priority to visit each and every beach possible along the Ecuadorian coast during my next three months. Some beaches have great surfing, others are more for relaxing, but I will want to definitely soak it up...

As for what I am up to now, I am into my second month here, enjoying school as it isn't too demanding, but sort of playing things by ear waiting for the next trip to happen. I hope to have some more interesting and witty stories coming up, sometimes that creative spark lies low in me...

No comments: